How I made $6761 in November 2020

[ad_1]



Welcome to my November 2020 blog income report. As we approach the last month of the year, I must say that I am really excited to see what the next year brings in terms of the growth of this blog.





As many of you may know, I share these monthly blog income reports as a means to share the income, the expenses, and any changes that I’ve made to this website.





Also, most income reports often answers the common questions that most people ask before starting a blog: “Do blogs make money?” or “Do blogs still make money 2020?“.





The answer is “Yes”, and it will be “Yes” for decades to come!





  • 77% of the internet users read blogs
  • Blogging has grown over 12 since 2015
  • Marketers who prioritise blogging are 13x more likely to have a positive ROI on their efforts.

Learn more about the these blogging stats here.






But why bloggers publish their income reports?





The income reports are a reflection of the journey and the progress of a brand new and inexperienced blogger who just wanted to build an income stream reliable enough to bid adieu to the corporate 9 to 5 world for good.





And thus I wanted to share all that it too me to make this happen.





Publishing an income report isn’t about bragging about your income, not at all.





Nobody wants to share something that is so personal and potentially vulnerable to their competitors just to show off to the whole world. These kinds of “inside peek” blog posts often come with some surprising benefits.





For example, I’m publishing these income reports for two primary reasons:





  1. To motivate
  2. To make myself more accountable

What? Let me explain…





1. It Motivate the Right kind of People (A.K.A You)





It’s no secret that, people are largely motivated by results!





Are you ever inspired by a tiring workout? No, you are inspired to have a well-shaped body which is the end result and thus you work out.





It’s not the process that gets people moving but the euphoric feeling to have achieved the end goal which motivated them to start in the first place.





Hence, I share my results to motivate you!





And if after seeing my results you do decide to start your own blog, I’ll say this article served it’s purpose well.





In my case too, my first impression of this whole blogging industry was through an income report of a wildly successful blogger who had 6-figures in her monthly income reports.





And that was enough to start my very own blog, just like that!





Witnessing someone make hundreds of thousands of dollars in a month working for nobody but themselves really gave me a hefty dose of motivation.





I wanted those results and the financial freedom that comes with it.





By giving you the inside scoop of what a blog really makes (which is usually kept under wraps), by giving you those exact income digits, it’ll show you what is really possible and hopefully motivate you enough to start your own blog.





2. It Helps Me Be More Accountable





Publishing my progress and the journey online for people to read also benefits me in certain ways.





Sure, I make a little ad income every time people read through an article on this website but that’s not the most valuable thing I’m getting.





When I build a like-minded audience community that monitors and analyses my progress over time, which makes me do things more sincerely and responsibly. And this makes me want to give my 110% in everything I do on this blog.





Also, it keeps me in check when it comes to slacking off.





Moreover, it will help me to keep track of how far the blog has come in terms of growth, both audience and income.





Now let’s jump right into the income breakdown of November 2020.





The Income Breakdown: $6761





SOURCEAMOUNT
Affiliate Income
– Bluehost$1920
– Proofread Anywhere$1358
– Flex Offers$16
Mediavine Ads$3466
TOTAL$6761

From the table above, it’s clear that Mediavine ads and affiliate programs make up for my entire blog’s income.





But I am a little picky when it comes to sponsored opportunities, as most emails that I do get does not aligns with the blog or have tight budgets for their promotion which often do not meet my expectations.





About Mediavine (this blog’s ad partner):





As December approaches, ad income is expected to increase way above normal because companies spend billions into ads during the holiday season. And I am excited to see how much mediavine brings me at the end of December.





Q4 (Quarter 4, October to December) is proven to be the most profitable quarter compared to the rest of the year for the same reason.





For example: My mediavine RPM usually hang around $20 to $30 rest of the year, but as we are well into Q4, I am seeing a whopping $64 RPM for my ads. Mediavine never disappoints!





Blog Expenses for November 2020





SOURCEAMOUNT
Blog Hosting$34.95
Email Service Provider$99
Canva Pro$12.95
TOTAL$147

Net profit: ($6761-$147) = +$6614





Income proof:





1. Mediavine





Blog income report: Income proof mediavine

Bluehost:





Blog income report: Income proof bluehost

Proofread Anywhere:





Blog income report: Income proof proofread anywhere

Blog Traffic for November 2020:





120,232 Page Views (-16.10% since October 2020)





98,918 Sessions (-15.37% since October 2020)





The blog got a little less traffic on November compared to October, but that’s completely fine, I am not worried about this at all, ups and downs are part of the process.





When it comes to blog traffic, it is always a wise idea diversify your traffic sources as much as possible.





So if you’re only getting traffic from Pinterest as of now, consider dipping your toes into SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).





As mentioned in the previous income report, currently I myself get most of my blog traffic from Pinterest (for which I am very grateful for) but would very much like to diversify it through other channels such as Google.





As straightforward as it sounds, getting traffic from google is not a cakewalk. Unlike Pinterest, you wont be getting traffic from google as soon as you hit the publish button.





It can take any where from months to even years for google to trust your website before sending any traffic.





Which is why there are three things that are very important in order to get good traffic from the search engines (according to me). They are: Relevancy, Quality and Consistency!





I got the relevancy part down, you can be the judge of the quality of this blog, and I would love some supernatural powers from the heavens above to beat procrastination and be more consistent at creating content.





*Sigh* I’ll try my best!





Anyways, after looking at my traffic channels, here is the traffic that I am getting from google since August:





  • August 2020: 600
  • September 2020: 854
  • October 2020: 1420
  • November 2020: 1640

Judging by the trend, organic google traffic/search engine traffic seems to increase every single month. And I am just waiting for the day when google traffic overtakes Pinterest.





I am already thinking of ways I’ll be celebrating this big win when it happens. Ugh! I literally cannot wait.





Have a look at some of the previous Income reports:





Plans for December 2020:





It’s no secret that I’ve never done anything on this blog according to a plan or a schedule, ever. Every blog post, every single change that I’ve done was according to my own convenience, I’ve already mentioned this in my previous income report.





However, I understand the importance and benefits of setting goals and planning said goals because eventually it helps us reach them.





Given below is the blog plan I intend to complete before 2020 ends. End the year strong so that we can start the next year even stronger.





  1. Write and publish November 2020 Income Report (Done)
  2. Update a few popular blog posts
  3. Publish 8 NEW quality blog posts
  4. Send 4 Emails to Email list
  5. Publish an “About” page

That’s all folks, see you in the next one. Byeeeeee!





And if you’re still on the fence whether to start a blog or not, I would recommend you to take the leap, it’s only $2.95 a month for a lifetime of income opportunity.





Visit this page or tap the button below to go to the step by step guide on starting a blog within 10 minutes.









<strong>Hi, I am Sayan Neogie</strong>
Hi, I am Sayan Neogie

Full-time blogger and founder of Prosmartrepreneur.com. I talk about personal finance, business, making and managing money. Let’s connect on Twitter and chat about money, side hustle, and business!






[ad_2]

Source link

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post